[LARTC] Second problem with Bandwidth limiting

So..

After getting the bandwidth limiting to work the next problem arises:

One machine with two NICs one to Internet (eth1) and one to our LAN
(eth0).

I have limited the bandwith out from the two NICs to 128kbit. But I want
fast access to the trafic from the proxy if it's already cached data.
Here's one solution that came to me.

Add a loopback interface and set the limit there. Local access to the
machine should not be limited. Like this:

         +--------------+ +-------------+ +-------------------+
Internet-<128kbit< Eth1 |-| Lo1 >128kbit>-| Proxy <-100MBit-> |-LAN
         +--------------+ +-------------+ +-------------------+

So only trafic to and from Internet would be limited. Trafic to an from
the LAN would be 100MBit.

Is this possible?! Or is there another better solution to get the same
result?

/ Fredrik Rambris
--
Admera Solution Provider AB
Tel: 0733-850 814
Position: 55°36´13N  13°03´36E
begin:vcard
n:Rambris;Fredrik
tel;work:0733-850814
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Admera Solution Provider AB;Teknik
adr:;;Höjdroderg. 5;Malmö;;212 39;Sweden
version:2.1
email;internet:fredrik.rambris@xxxxxxxxx
note:Position: 55°36´13N  13°03´36E
x-mozilla-cpt:;-27936