Re: SV: [LARTC] Loadbalancing on multiple eth rtl8139

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 01:44:50PM +0200, Daniel Bergqvist wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The devices eth1 and eth3 MUST be active. Remove "ip link set down eth1" and
> "ip link set down eth3". You might get problems with "TCP packet reordering"
> resulting in lower bandwidth but I'm currently working with a patch to the
> sch_teql driver. I will post it to the list if/when I get it to work.

Read the archive of netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, I discussed it with Alexey and Jamal
there and they had some reservations about the idea. What might work is set
up the bundled device, and run a tcp/ip tunnel over it, like 'vtund'. This
lets the Linux TCP/IP stack reorder packets. Linux is not disturbed by
simple reordering problems, and thus solves your problems.

The only remaining problem is that tunneling over tcp/ip has some problems
of its own.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People