[LARTC] (rtattr *opt) ???

Hi;

I have been reading code in order to understand how relations between
kernel and user-space is working. But I do not understand how this rtattr
struct work.
What I would like to know is how I can send a message in
user-space and parse this data in kernel.
Function rtattr_parse, rta_payload and rta_data is what I have seen cbq
and the rest of the queuing mechanism are using.

I would be thankful if anyone could explain to a novice how this work.

Lars Landmark
Student