[LARTC] HTB debug info in kernel log

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 at 00:41:54, Stef Coene wrote:

> On Thursday 13 February 2003 08:10, Brad Davidson wrote:
> I had the same problem.  I uncomment the DEFINE statement.  But logging t=
here
> numbers, means there is something miss with your htb setup and has nothin=
g to
> do with you asking for statistics.  You can find more info on the homepag=
e of
> htb.  But it's possible that your rates settings are too low.
>=20
> Stef

I used htb.init (http://freshmeat.net/projects/htb.init/) to make my rules,=
 so
I'm pretty sure they should be OK.

I'm looking at the code in htb_dump, which appears to be what's called to g=
et
statistics information by the tc application. It looks to me like if you ha=
ve
debug enabled, as part of the stats collecting routine, it calls htb_debug_=
dump
regardless of whether or not there's anything wrong with your setup.

There are other circumstances that it prints an error message followed by a
debug dump, but I'm not seeing an error. It just looks to me like debug inf=
o is
printed every time a queue is polled for stats info.

If you want to take a look at what I'm talking about, check out line 1211 o=
sch_htb.c