[LARTC] API using cbq / tc ?

On Saturday 08 February 2003 08:02, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> I am just written ( I won't say completed !) a
> program which performs traffic read operation.
> It is a VB client program talking to a C TCP
> socket server. Everything is based on scripting,
> so it could be flaky right now, so you might
> have to be patient :-) The server has been tested
> running on my Linux 2.4.20 machine.
>
> The VB GUI program charts the traffic data on per
> interface and per-class/qdisc basis. It also
> displays the class/qdisc relationship in a
> hierarchical (GUI) tree diagram. The intention is
> for you to determine how effective is your
> class/qdisc.
>
> The server is pure C ( without any other fancy
> libraries ) to reduce the footprint because my
> intention is to let it run on a floppy-based
> NAT firewall/router, which I have tested against
> floppyfw ( http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/ ).
>
> I will be enhancing it in the future to allow
> service-by-service traffic charting, based on
> iptables' traffic counter.
>
> Any interest parties could mail to me and we shall
> see how thing goes.
I found this :
http://www.hav.com/java/scroll/
It's in java.  I tested it with some browsers and platforms and it works
great.  The java class is not so difficult.  I contacted the original author
for permission to use his java class, but I didn't received an answer.
I used his java class and made my own version so I could display class and
qdiscs stats.  It works great.  But I can't publish it as long as I don't
know if I may use it.
The data is delivered with a cgi-bin prog so you don't need an extra daemon.
And the java class is cross-platform so you can see it in allmost any
web-browser that supports java.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org