[LARTC] Re: [Linux Diffserv] ANNOUNCE: tc filter extensions

Ok, i tested basic stuff and it works. Not very useful example but
should serve to illustrate things:
Example below will log every packet with src ip 127.1.1.1/32 seen at
ingres of dev lo every time it exceeds its allocated rate. the nfmark
is also set to 2 every time the rate is exceeded.

---------- script -------
#
tc qdisc add dev lo ingress
#
tc filter add dev lo parent ffff: protocol ip prio 1 u32  \
match ip src 127.1.1.1/32 \
action police mtu 5000  rate 2500kbit burst 90k pipe \
action ipt -j LOG --log-prefix "1:20 exceeded 2.5mbps" \
action ipt -j mark --set-mark 2

Now try to list what we installed

------------------ listing ----------------
jroot# tc filter show parent ffff: dev lo
filter protocol ip pref 1 u32
filter protocol ip pref 1 u32 fh 800: ht divisor 1
filter protocol ip pref 1 u32 fh 800::800 order 2048 key ht 800 bkt 0
flowid 1:20

   action order 1: police 1 action pipe rate 2500Kbit burst 86153b mtu 5000b

   action order 2: tablename: mangle  hook: NF_IP_PRE_ROUTING
        target LOG level warning prefix `1:20 exceded 2.5mbps'  index 1

   action order 3: tablename: mangle  hook: NF_IP_PRE_ROUTING
        target MARK set 0x2  index 2

  match 7f010101/ffffffff at 12

Of course this is a 5 minute test.

cheers,