[LARTC] Can I Classify Non-IP Traffic?

Jose,

If I read his query correctly, he wants to classify IPX or something else.

/etc/protocols is a mapping of identifiers for the contents of IP
packets, so in this case, /etc/protocols doesn't help him.

Seems like he needs a "protocol generic" (or better yet for him, "protocol
ipx"), which would allow him to count byte offsets in the manner of u32.

I know of no such tool.

-Martin

 : > My question is can classify the non-IP traffic? Ideally I'd like to be
 : > able create a queue for IPX traffic.I know the tc filters command has a
 : > protocol statement but I can't find any information about setting this
 : > to anything but ip or ipv6.
 : >
 : Well, you seem to be already using "iptables" and the "fw" filter to
 : mark and categorize traffic. "iptables" can also match non-IP
 : protocols, using "--protocolo PROTOCOL". You can't go deeper into these
 : non-IP packets, but you can mark them by protocol, using any of the
 : protocols in the "/etc/protocols" file.
 :
 : Hope it helps.
 :
 :