[LARTC] QoS (HTB) without IP address

On Monday 30 December 2002 21:36, Gilles Douillet wrote:
> Many Thanks Martin for your quick response !
>
> Just another question about bridge (may be stupid)
>
> For me it should work (I'll test it tomorrow)
>
> Normally, a Nunux Box with bridge-utils doesn't require echo 1 >
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ? (right ?)
>
> But if I wat to manage it remotely, AND if I have NO ip available (caus=
> netmask is 255.255.255.252), can I have a third interface, not put it b=
rctl
> and assign an IP of the private network (IP from RFC 1918) normally the
> bridge software should ignore it and I can put a nice Apache with RRD T=
ool,
> with MRTG, with any other nice tool to monitor bandwith and connections=
 ?
Or if you know the mac address, you can insert a static arp entry in a ho=
st=20
that's connected to the bridge so you can reach that bridge on that=20
ip-address.
Or give the bridge a ip-address in the private range (10.x.x.x or so).  A=
nd=20
give a box connected to the bridge an ipaddress in the same rage so you c=
an=20
reach the bridge on that private ip-address.

I'm not sure it's possible, but maybe it will give you some new ideas.

Stef

--=20

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"