[LARTC] Ingress qdisc functional?

Hello all!

I've just subscribed to the list after looking around on Google and checkin=
g out
the TC source code a bit. Here's my situation:

I have a megabit DSL line that I'd like to set up some shaping on. I only h=
ave
access to the linux router on my (client) end. Because of that, I was looki=
ng to
do some shaping using the 'ingress' qdisc. However, I'm getting mixed messa=
ges
as to whether or not it works. The source of q_ingress.c from ss020116 says=
 in
the header:
--
 * This is here just in case it is needed
 * useless right now; might be useful in the future

Thanks!

-Brad