[LARTC] udp broadcast over ipsec

Hello all,

I am configuring a vpn between freeswan and windows 2000. I am following th=
e steps at http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/win2000xp-freeswan.html, t=
o get the VPN up and running. using this I have a ppp tunnel between wind=
ows and linux, which is inside a l2tp tunnel which is again encrypted by =
IPSec. (the url gives the configuration in detail and I have followed it =
exactly)

Now the windows gets the proper ip and every thing is working as it should =
except udp brpadcast, which is the reason why I set up the vpn (for a sto=
ck exchange, where the quots data comes as b'cast). Since the windows is =
having an ip in the same network their is no reason why B'cast should not=
 work.

I searched a lot for any pointer but I found only one MS Knowledge Base Art=
icle No. 253169 which says that B'cast is not supported in Windows IPSec.=
 Is this the case with Linux also. Is their any thing that can be done to=
 send B'cast also. Any help here will be much appriciated. I am working t=
hough Xmas to get this working :(

raj