Re: Using HTB as an ISP "provisioning engine"

Am Don, 2002-12-19 um 22.10 schrieb Stef Coene:

> Example :
> You selled 1.1 Mbps to customer1 and 0.37 (=2.2Mbps/6) to 3 other customers.
> So you have a total bandwidth of 2.2Mbps.  But you have only 1.2 Mbps
> available.
> class rate = ceil = 1.2 Mbps
>   class1 rate = 0.6, ceil = 1.1Mbps
>   class2 rate = 0.2, ceil = 0.37Mbps
>   class3 rate = 0.2, ceil = 0.37Mbps
>   class4 rate = 0.2, ceil = 0.37Mbps

> The bandwidth you selled to the customers is the ceil.  They never can use
> more then the ceil.  If one customer is using no bandwidth, the remaining
> bandwidth is given to the other customers.
> If all customers are using all bandwidth, each customer is "punished" in the
> same way.

Nice, however (see other mail) it seems unpossible to remove subclasses
on-the-fly which is a hard requirement here. Do I have to recreate the
whole tree on the fly? If so, won't this negatively affect the queues
because all statistics are lost?

--
Servus,
       Daniel