Re: Traffic is exceeding limits

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 13:23, Mindaugas Riauba wrote:
>   I'm trying to setup traffic shaping for a customer.
> Machine is RedHat 7.3 with kernel-smp-2.4.18-18.7.x.
> HZ=512.
>
>   But when I try to load link (using netcat and discard /
> chargen services) bytes count (tc -s qdisc show, sfq qdisc)
> goes quite well over 512kbit (~560kbit). With UDP I can
> even go over 1mbit.
I did the same.  I used ttcp and recorded the bandwidth I could use. But my
results where nearly perfetc (I recorder the bandwidth on a very log period).
Recently I tried it with upd data but I had some strange results.  1 UDP data
stream was shaped perfectly, but 2 UPD data streams can use the full link
bandwidth.  I still have to test ir further.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"