HTB bug?

Hi!

A couple of weeks ago we started using the Linux TC implementation to shape
clients (using HTB) and since then our QoS box started crashing every now
and again (talk about inconvenient timing :P).

First we suspected hardware, but we replaced the hardware this week and it
still keeps crashing. Current machine specs:

Celeron 400 MHz
128MB Ram
128MB Compact Flash storage

The machine runs now services whatsoever:

------------< snip <------< snip <------< snip <------------
root@rana:~# netstat -anp
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
PID/Program nam
Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node PID/Program name
Path
------------< snip <------< snip <------< snip <------------

It has no load whatsoever.

The kernel:

2.4.20rc1 with Andrea Arcangeli's pausing fix applied (I'm running the
kernel on several other machines that have much higher load (read: that
actually has load), including my own workstation and they're all very
stable.

The only other unknown is HTB and so I'm starting to suspect it. I'm using
tc from the iproute ss020116-try tarball with the HTB 3.6 patch applied.

Now the problem is that I don't have enough space to log to disk - I'm just
logging to console (also logging with kernel log level 8 to console). Each
time I get to the machine it is completely dead, and the keyboard leds is
flashing continuously. Unfortunately I can't see whether there is any oopses
or last dying messages since I only have serial console on the machine right
now (no messages to tty) and each time I didn't actually check the serial
console.

I know this isn't a very useful bug report (will try to get something more
useful later on), but I just want to know if somebody else have experienced
the same kind of behaviour lately.

In anycase, I've removed all the rules from the machine and is going to just
to QoS on our Cisco routers again until I resolve the problem :P

--

Regards
 Abraham

Real programmers don't write in BASIC.  Actually, no programmers write in
BASIC after reaching puberty.

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - Frogfoot Networks
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net/
 Email: abz@frogfoot.net