Re: Dynamic IP ppp0

Forwarded to the list, because of course, I simply cannot work a
mailer.... (twice inside a month).

 - - - - - -
Diego,

 : I have a redhat 7.1 linux box as a gateway firewall with an adsl (ppp0)
 : with dynamic IP (no static) and I just have add a new ISP with STATIC
 : IP. Can I do iproute 2 multipath load balancing across both ISP?

Yes.

 : where can I read something about??

Read about multipath routing here:

  http://lartc.org/lartc.html#AEN287

But in order to understand it you'll need to read about split access
routing:

  http://lartc.org/lartc.html#LARTC.RPDB.MULTIPLE-LINKS

 : I don't know how can I do with the dymanic IP of my adsl link. Where
 : can I fount examples of config?

Some examples (probably not directly relevant to your needs) are available
on the lartc.org site.  I presume you're using rp-pppoe for your aDSL
link.  I'd suggest writing a script to reset the multipath route upon
successful ppp0 connection establishment.  You should be able to use
ip-up.local (or something similar).

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@securepipe.com