Re[2]: Bandwidth

SSp> Morten Isaksen wrote:
>> We are running with an 8 Mbit WAN link and are using wrr to shape the
>> traffic between 800 users. This works fine and all the bandwith are en
>> use most of the time.

SSp> Sorry to break in to the thread like this, but...

SSp> 1. Is it one single 8/8Mb link?
Yes it's a one single 8Mbit/s link

SSp> 2. Hows the tc configuration? (Like the example in the wrr-package?)
We are doing both, the ingress and egress shapings.
Egress is done by HTB and SFQ attached to the leaf classes, but i am
not sure whether i have set it up correctly.
I have written a perl script which takes the the values (rate,
IPs) from the database, so the example below is taken from script and
the variables are changed to normal strings:

The traffic is shaped for 'Local' and 'Foreign' connections.
Foreign is 4 times as small as Local (i.e. if Local is 256kbit, then
Foreign is 64, but both together cant exceed Local traffic)

I left the ingress shaping out cause it is not actual.
And i have added comments just right now

# add root class
/sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth2 root handle 1: htb

# client 1 (this client has 256kbit/s)
#
# Maximum 256K for everything
/sbin/tc class add dev eth2 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 256kbit ceil 256kbit

# 192kbit for Local (and Local can borrow from the parent and have max
# 256 if Foreign is not used)
/sbin/tc class add dev eth2 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 htb rate 192kbit ceil 256kbit

# 64Kbit fro Foreign (and cant borrow)
/sbin/tc class add dev eth2 parent 1:1 classid 1:3 htb rate 64kbit ceil 64kbit

# Now add SFQ qdiscs for Local and Foreign Classes
# Local
/sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth2 parent 1:2 handle 1500: sfq perturb 10
# Foreign
/sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth2 parent 1:3 handle 1501: sfq perturb 10

# Filters
# for flowid 1:2
# and for flowid 1:3

#
# ...
# Repeated for all 250 clients. Rates and parent ID's are changing.

SSp> 3. Are there any latency-problems?
No, I havent noticed any.

SSp> 4. What measures has been taken to ensure low latency?
none.

P.Krumins