kernel and routing

First of all sorry for my English.
I wan't to ask a question. It may be 'dummy' but i can't find an answer.

Suppose i'm routing with a Linux pc A where is the default 'instalation' kernel.
I'm also routing with a Linux pc B where i have a compiled kernel wich is 'smaller' than A's machine kernel.

The question: The router machine B is routing faster than A? And the most importand, if yes, why?

Ps. Some links for reading would be usefull. Thanks