CBQ or HTP accuracy

Hello,

I am rate limiting traffic going to some IP addresses using CBQ
 (and want to change to HTB sometime).

While testing with different packet sizes I found out that I could go above the
  rate limit I set. (even with HTB)

The values I use are: rate: 768kbit  weight 77kbit allot 10000 avpkt 1512
I did not change the cell or other parameters.
My root qdisc is set to 40MBit.

With those values I am able to go up to 840kbit/s with packets sizes of 612 or 1224.
With other values it's less except for very low values.

Changing the allot value (If I understood well allot*weight=max packets per round)
 it only gets worst (tested with 1000 and 50000).

AVPKT is only used for maxidle so it should not change anything ?

What values should I tweak to have the max rate never exeeded and still be able
  to come very near my max-rate using 1460 bytes packets ?

Would HTB be more accruate ?

Thanks for the HELP.

--
Thierry Coutelier      /'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
http://www.linux.lu    \ / No HTML/RTF in email