Re: Lartc & Squid

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 05:08, Arindam Haldar wrote:
> hi all,
hi,

> We are using squid 25s1 with kernel 2.4.19 and iproute2(+julian's
> Pathes) with the following acl..
>
>   acl short_path  dst  128.0.0.0/8
>   tcp_outgoing_address  myIp2nd  short_path
>
> we are linked to 2 isp--one having satelite & the other OFC. We want the
> above mentioned network to go thru OFC(ispB) as the sibling resides
> there. But when i use squidclient mgr:server_list command i see that rtt
> is still 650ms  which is the time taken by satelite provider(ispA). The
> OFC takes 230ms.

ip rule add prio 50 to 128.0.0.0/8 lookup ispB
should do the trick.

> My Question is--
> what can be done so that squid uses path according to the interface
> defined ?
I'm not sure to understand your question. But if you want all packets
sent by squid to use a specific gateway, you need to mark them, and
route them according to this.

Eg,

iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner squid_uid -j MARK
--set-mark 1

Then,
ip rule add prio 50 fwmark 1 lookup ispX

> how can local generated packets(on the linux box) uses a path as wanted
> by us(in the rules) ?

Same answer, mark them.

iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j MARK --set-mark 2

Then, instruct the kernel to route marked packets through a specific ISP

ip rule add prio 50 fwmark 2 lookup ispX

> Awaiting a reply/suggestion/experience from you very anxiously..
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Vincent.

> A.H

Vincent Jaussaud
Kelkoo.com Security Manager
email: tatooin@kelkoo.com

"The UNIX philosophy is to design small tools that do one thing, and do
it well."