ssh versus scp

hi!

I'd like to priorize ssh traffic, but of course I don't like scp to
get priorized, too. In the "actual script" of the howto priorization
is done with this:

| # TOS Minimum Delay (ssh, NOT scp) in 1:10:
| tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
|      match ip tos 0x10 0xff  flowid 1:10

I'm not sure if I got all of it, but it seems to me, that there is no
port match - it seems to me that this rule matches all packets with a
Minimize-Delay 16 (0x10) TOS value.

I watched some packets with tcpdump and it also seems that scp packets
all have the Maximize-Throughput 8 (0x08) TOS value, but all "pure
ssh" packets have Normal-Service 0 (0x00). It's no problem to match
these packets with iptables (just drop me a note if you want to have
the iptables syntax). But the question I have is:

Are these TOS-values standard for ssh and scp or do all
ssh/scp-clients use the values they like? I searched the net, but
haven't found anything usefull, yet.

best regards

		Sebastian

--
Sebastian 'spax' Pape          | A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go
mailto: sebastian@p-a-p-e.de   | to hell in such a way that you will look