Kernel config for HTB

Hello all,

Reading through the list I realize that most of what you people talk
about is way over my head... But I'm trying. I'm new to all this traffic
shaping thing and I'm stuck at the very beginning: I'm trying to
configure my kernel so I can set up a HTB on my ppp0 interface.

I'm running Debian sarge and have iproute2 installed (2.4.7). I
downloaded kernel 2.4.20-rc2 which includes the HTB code. Now I gathered
that I need to enable CONFIG_NETLINK and CONFIG_RTNETLINK among other
options. However, for the life of mine I can't find these options. Even
when I grep through the .config file they don't show up. I see
CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV but that's it. And when I want to set up a qdisc on
ppp0, for instance

tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root handle 1:0 htb default 5

all I get is

HTB init, kernel part version 3.7
HTB: need tc/htb version 3 (minor is 7), you have 10
"RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument"

Can anyone please point me to the relevant section in menuconfig to
enable the CONFIG_*NETLINK options

Thanks,
Ben