Re: Router

On Friday 22 November 2002 10:33 am, Stef Coene wrote:
> On Friday 22 November 2002 16:08, Rimas wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm asking the same question again (it's very urgent for me).
> >
> > How to build a router on Linux box?
> >
> > I have a Linux box (Redhat 7.3) with two network cards.
> > eth0 is connection to my wireless ISP and eth1 to my FWs.
> > I want to route eth0<-->eht1. Both NIC have real Internet IP as well like
> > FWs.
> > I need no NAT (no needs to hide my real IP, because it have to be seen
from
> > Internet).
> > Do I have to use ip route or iptables or combination of it.
> If the box is up and running with 2 nic's configured, try this :
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> Stef

Just to enable routing (without any firewall stuff) the above command would be
sufficient. To make it permanent, add the following to /etc/sysctl.conf:
# Enables packet forwarding
net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

You could also add the following to enable route verification:
# Enables source route verification
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1

Thanks,
Ashok