Re: Do I have to use imq or ingress for incoming packets?

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 10:32, ¹Ú Á¤Àº wrote:
>    I have 2 lan cards in LINUX ROUTER. eth0 for hub(masqurade ) and eth1
> for an internet.
>    I used htb with  eth1 to menage outgoing packets. And It is working
> perfect.
>    In my opinion , policying eth1 with htb could make the incoming packets
>     controlled.
>     but I doesn't work. It doesn't recognize any special port number.
If you add a htb qdisc on device eth1, you are controlling outgoing bandwidth.
For incoming bandwidth, you need the ingress qdisc and filters with policers.
So "policyng with eth1 with htb" does not make any sense to me.
It's or policyng on eth1 with the ingress qdisc or shaping on eth0 with htb.

>     Do I thinking wrong? Do i have to use imq ?
You don't have to, but if you use imq you can use htb or cbq.  But if you have
a router, why not shaping at eth0 ???  All packets coming from the internet
has to leave eth0.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org