Re: Squid + Htb + Nat, problem.

On Sunday 10 November 2002 16:55, Tomasz Wrona wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Stef Coene wrote:
> > If you want to control downloads with squid, you can use the delay
> > pools.  You can create different delay pools with different download
> > speeds.  And you can even filter on size of the downloaded file.
>
> ...which is weak solution comparing what can be achieved using TC or best
> cooperative TC + Squid.
I never said that using the daly pools is the best solution.  But delay pools
can do some stuff that tc can't.  Squid knows the size of the downloaded
object and use it to create different delay pools.  It can also authenticate
people so you can use different settings for different peoples.  You can even
install/enable inetd on all cliens so you can use local login names to put
traffic in different daly pools.

On the other hand, tc has some extra advantages, but I think we all know them.
Sharing bandwidth, controlling delays, ...

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"