Re: Re: multipath routing problem [Shorter version] - Helpstill needed :-)

	Hello,

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Arthur van Leeuwen wrote:

> > 	Now I see, then the TOS is a big problem for you. May
> > be your problem will be solved if TOS is not a routing key but
> > it does not sound as a thing that is easy to fix in kernel.
>
> Actually, you can simply play whack-a-mole with the TOS value, using
> ipchains (or iptables), killing all TOS values present on the packets.
> Ofcourse, this is not very *nice*, but it'll work.

	This is a good idea. Vincent, may be you can play with
ipchains -t AND XOR in the input chain to see what happens. Just make sure
you don't touch bits 0, 1, 5, 6, 7. It seems the routing uses only bits
2, 3 and 4 for routing key (if I'm not overlooking something).
This is for kernel 2.4. For kernel 2.2 it seems bit 1 is also
included in the routing key.

2.4		mask 0x1C, inverted 0xE3
2.2		mask 0x1E, inverted 0xE1

	So, for 2.2 may be:

ipchains -I input -d 0.0.0.0/0 22 -t 0xE3 0x00

	What are the TOS values used during the SSH session?

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>