Re: Re: multipath routing problem [Shorter version] - Helpstill needed :-)

On 25 Oct 2002, Vincent Jaussaud wrote:

> However, I don't get why, in the same SSH session, TOS may differ from
> one packet to another. Using tcpdump, it seems that TOS value change
> right after the authentication has been successfully made.

Shit... you figured that one out *quite* a bit faster than I did at the
time... took me two weeks.

What openssh does is first authenticate, then set the TOS value depending on
whether you're doing interactive communications (ssh) or bulk transfer
(scp). One could see this as a way of minimizing information leakage...

Oh, and yes, it does what you deduced. I finally got that from reading the
sources...

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@sci.kun.nl      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt