Re: split traffic

On 14 Oct 2002, Omar Armas wrote:

> Now I have the above network working. Users from class 10.0.0.0/24 go
> out through the adsl router, and the servers via the DS0.
>
> NowI want to put a transparent proxy with squid, but if I configure it
> with just:
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j
> REDIRECT --to-ports 3128
>
> http requests are processed via the DS0(this is because of the default
> gw , I suppose), and I want them to go out via the adsl
>
> My question is, how can I make that http requests go via the adsl with a
> transparent proxy with this network configuration?
>
> I've thought it must be the OUTPUT chain. But with what rule?

None. :-)

Do not think of it as packet mangling, but as a squid configuration.

To be exact, there are two config values which should be especially
interesting for you:
 tcp_outgoing_address 192.168.4.55
 udp_outgoing_address 192.168.4.55
...where 192.168.4.55 is the IP of your ADSL connection interface. :-)

HTH, HAND,
  QNeX