trying to use wondershaper on a dedicated line (not adsl)

Hi there,

I'm quite new to trafic shaping and even with the HOWTO, I'm still a bit
confused ...

I have a small network, with a connection to the internet on a dedicated
line (128 kbits).  My firewall/Masq is a linux 2.19 and I want to be able
to shape my trafic. All I want to do is exactly done with wondershaper. I
tried it and unfortunately, the result was not what I've expected. In
fact, I couldn't see any change in the ping response time when I use my
link to download.
I've changed the speed in the top of the script, it effectively reduce the
download speed, but no luck with response time ...

Does I have to change anything on the script to adapt it (I'm not using an
adsl line, maybe this is the problem) ?

I really don't know where to start to troubleshoot this connection ...

Thanks,

Pascal.