Strange thing in HTB classes

Hi,

I've one small question.
Why packets travel through one class when they shouldnt?
My configuration follows:

I have ie. one root class and one other class. In the other class I have
rate=10Kbit ceil=10Kbit.
I'm using HTB script to launch this. In the other class I have 3 rules:
RULE=my_ip,:1024/0xfc00
RULE=my_ip,:2048/0xfc00
RULE=my_ip,:3072/0xfc00
The root class has all 100Mbit bandwidth.
When I send ping to any computer through my_ip it not going through other
class. That is right.
But when I do flood ping i see that something flowing through other class
and
transmission stopping for a while. This behaviour like it is limiting to the
10Kbit of the other class and not going through root class. I dont't know
why. The more ports I include in the other class the less throughput of
flood ping is. But when I set rate=100Kbit or more it is going ok but still
through
other class. I think that pings should go through root class entirely.
When I include only a few ports the flood ping is going ok and nothing go
through other class.
I don't know why it is so.

I appreciate for a good answer.
Bartosz Jurasinski