Re: how can i choose HTB's prio

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 04:06, hanhbnetfilter wrote:
> HTB and imq was used to control traffic.
> AC="tc class add dev eth0 parent"
> $AC 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100kbps burst 2k
> $AC 1:2 classid 1:10 htb rate 50kbps ceil 100kbps
> burst 2k prio 1
> $AC 1:2 classid 1:11 htb rate 50kbps ceil 100kbps
> burst 2k prio 2
> $AC 1:2 classid 1:12 htb rate 50kbps ceil 100kbps
> burst 2k
> please tell me if i do not set prio, what is the
> default prio? low delay class can use prio 2,the
> others should use which prio?
prio is only used when all classes are served and there is some bandwidth
left.  So if you have 20kbps in each class, you have 40kbs left.  It will be
given to the class with the lowest prio.
But there is more going on.  You can find more info on the homepage of htb (
http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/manual/userg.htm#prio). If you have a
class with the lowest prio and this class is not overlimit (it never wants to
send more traffic then the rate), it will get very low delays. BUT if you
send more traffic then the rate, the delays will increase.
I still have to figure out if you can use this to get low delays.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"