RE:u32 filters and compression

Thanks:
To Stef and Tobias Geiger for giving me the answer. I used the prio to get the order right. Don't know why I did'nt think of it myself.
Compression:
Another thing that might be useful to the list is the use of compression (Deflate etc.) to get better bandwidth across links. This requires a Linux router at both ends of the link. I got the idea from a product called Peribit see www.peribit.com ( and mainly from Martin Devera who pointed out to me that Linux does compression already with ppp. ) I have now started to work on getting compression built into my traffic shaping/router products that are Linux based. Putting that in place of Cisco should be a much better/cheaper solution do you not think? One could even shape the port that the pppoe runs on. I have looked at Zebedee which also has a solution for "Windows" boxes. Anyway I've just started to do this and If anyone is interested I will let you know the outcome.

Regards Allan Gee
Equation
021 4181777
www.equation.co.za