Re: ipmode compile error

	Hello,

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, [gb2312] hanhbnetfilter wrote:

> imq and htb are used to control traffic.
> When I create a bridge with the bridge-utils, I get a
> new device : br0.   I can shape traffic on this
> device, but I can not use iptables to mark packets.
> I used ipmode
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/#bridging
> my kernel is 2.4.19
> when i compile kernel I get the following error:
> br_forward.o error 1
> first_rule error 2

	What errors? Do you have plain kernel patched with
the ipmode kernel patch?

> if I used ipmode, then I can set imq as this:
> /usr/local/sbin/iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i
> br0 -j IMQ --todev 0
> is this right ?

	Bridge in IP MODE enabled receives IP traffic on the
slave eth* ports, not on the br0 interface. Only ARP can
be received on br0 if you are using routes through br0.
The goal is to receive IP on the slave ports, though.
The asymmetry in the route settings is not a problem if
you handle it correctly as mentioned in the docs, then you
can use routes on slave or on bridge interface according
to your needs. Else, there is no reason to use ipmode,
you can play with br0 if ipmode is off.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>