htb + iproute2/tc

Having trouble with htb. Using example from documents so there should
not be any problems with the configuration :

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.ultimate-tc.html
15.8.3. The actual script (HTB)

Im trying to get this to work on Debian woody which run a patched
linux kernel 2.4.18. Ive patched it with the following files :

http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/v2/htb2_2.4.17.diff applied cleanly
http://www.netfilter.org/files/patch-o-matic-20020825.tar.bz2 applied
cleanly

Whenever i try to use tc to configure tc i get the following errors on
commandline :

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory

And from syslog i get :

Sep 27 10:15:03 staalanden kernel: HTB init, kernel part version 3.6
Sep 27 10:15:03 staalanden kernel: HTB: need tc/htb version 3 (minor
is 6), you have 1

I dont really know whats going one here? Maybe my version of HTB is to
new for the version of tc on this debian woody system? According to
the packagesmaintainer of iproute2 for debian system this is not the
case :

 http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3?msg_id=8273731&list=216

As you can see ive done alot of googling but havnt really found any
real answers. Hope the listmembers here can help me :)

Thanks in advance

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk