bridging and shaping

Hi List,

I've truly sorry if this question has been tried
on this LIST, but i'm quite desperate now!

I'm currently using a linux box doing proxy-arp,
with same IP on both interfaces.
kernel 2.4.18 with htb and iproute2 patch
iptables and tc works perfectly as expected

Now, I want to convert the linux box to a
bridge, using (http://bridge.sourceforge.net)

I noticed that you have to patch the kernel
as well as iptables.
Does tc need to be patched?
Does this even work?
I mean is it possible to operate linux
in bridge mode and have bandwidth control also?

Thanx

--
arc_of_descent