Re: tc/htb still hangs system.

Tomasz Wrona wrote:
> I tried to find reason but without success. Bellow I mention some
> observed facts. Maybe someboty could advise or solve problem...

In case you want to try systematic debugging of HTB, you may find
tcsim useful. tcsim can be run under Electric Fence and under
Valgrind (http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/).

It won't help you find race conditions and such, but spotting
odd side-effects of parameter changes may be well within its
capabilities.

Of course, a decent set of regression tests should also be
useful for future HTB development ...

Concerning the Oops you got: you should run it through ksymoops
(see Documentation/oops-tracing.txt in your kernel source tree).

If you don't want to type in the whole Oops text, you can also
get the location of individual symbols with

gdb your/kernel/dir/vmlinux
(gdb) info line *0xd093caa4
etc.

The most useful data is in the EIP and the call trace.

- Werner