tc/htb still hangs system.

Hello,

I would like ask for help in despair...

I am running complex htb setup to manage two leased lines [1+2MBit] for
500 users. Setup works from few months but in this time I have still
awfully problems with stable work. Nowadays there is no week when system
hangs two
or three times. I tried dozens of setups, patches, recompilations of
kernel, iproute and iptables, tricks and still almost without improvement.

I tried to find reason but without success. Bellow I mention some
observed facts. Maybe someboty could advise or solve problem...

When I started with HTB [2.0] [about 200 users on 1Mbit link; Previous it
worked on CBQ setup] there wasn't propably [AFAIK] problems with stable
work [many days between manual reboot]. From time to time I had some
sudden hangs, which become more often later. I changed kernel to 2.4.18
but the reason
what I found [or one of the reasons...] whas hardware related [damaged cpu
and/or mboard].

I changed completly all hardware and changed kernel to 2.4.18 patched
with htb v2. but problem didn't dissapear - frozen system during several
days. Most ofen hangs was after 1 or 2 days of stable work but some cases
it was 4 or even 7 days.
.
Then I tried 2.4.18 patched with htb v.3. but situation become hopeless. I
found that each changing of htb class parameters [tc class change...] lead
to freezing system. Sometimes one sometimes more changing params caused
crash. Htb 3 was useless for me and htb 2 was/is also unstable.
I also tried htb2 on completly other machine [but with the same Linux
distro - PLD], but system crashed almost immediately.

Now I am testing 2.4.20-pre7 [with included htb3], system didn't hang
immediatelly after changing htb class params but now it works from several
hours to one day.

Unfortunatelly I didn't have any error messages in logs and on console.

ERRATA: Today I have first time to see some
logs on console [kernel 2.4.20-pre7], there is something about Oops
"Process swapper (pid: 0, stackpage=c0211000)" and a lot of digits.
I put screen on location: http://eter.tym.pl/bug2.gif

Diging in LARTC archive I found maybe something simmilar problem in post
of "Dimitris Zilaskos:  tc reliably hangs my system "
[http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2002q3/004316.html]

but there is not solution for me and despaired I dont know the reason
and what to do with it.

BTW. If this bug report [http://eter.tym.pl/bug2.gif file]  is related
more to kernel than to tc/htb please tell me where to send it.

Regards
tw