DS examples misunderstood

Hi everyone:

Could anyone help me to clear some misunderstood with DS examples in
iproute2 distribution?

In Edge31-ca-u32 we have these sentences --------------------------:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress

tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 4 handle 1: u32 \
divisor 1

tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 4 u32 \
match ip tos 0x88 0xfc \
police index 1 rate 1500kbit burst 90k \
continue flowid :1

In Edge32-ca-u32 also we have --------------------------------------:

tc qdisc add dev eth2 handle ffff: ingress

tc filter add dev eth2 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 1 u32 \
match ip tos 0x88 0xfc \
police index 1 rate 1000kbit burst 90k \
continue flowid :1

tc filter add dev eth2 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 2 u32 \
match ip tos 0x88 0xfc \
police index 2 rate 1000kbit burst 30k \
continue flowid :1

I have 2 questions:

1.  Why next sentence (below) is only present in Edge31-ca-u32 and not in
Edge32-ca-u32?  What's the meaning or reason of this command and what in
fact it does?

tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 4 handle 1: u32 \
divisor 1

2. I don't understand the expresion "police index 1" or "police index 2"
above. Are those just simple way of numbering polices?  Also this command:

tc filter add dev eth2 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 2 u32 \
match ip tos 0x88 0xfc \
police index 2 rate 1000kbit burst 30k
continue flowid :1

Combines "police index 2" with "flowid :1" and I thought (perhaps
erroneusly) that "flowid :1" corresponded to "tcindex 1" but now I'm really
confused.

Are "police index n" and "tc index n" different things?  What are the
different meaning of those expressions in the examples?  What the
relationship is between "flowid :1 or :2", "tc index 1 or 2" and "police
index 1 or 2"?

Hoping any help.

Best regards.

Leonardo Balliache