Re: HTB questions

> * Traffic Simulator
>
> I saw the traffic simulator, ethloop -- very clever.  I was wondering,
> however, how to simulate traffic destined for specific ports ?  In the
> HBT HOWTO there are gnuplots of traffic destined for different ports.

The simulator is used to test queuing part of qdisc. The ports
in plot was added by myself to make more complete picture.
ethloop didn't create "regular" ip packets co that you can't use
it to test filters.

> * Low rate shaping
>
> My maximum uplink is 384kbits/sec .  I plan to shape HTTP,SMTP and
> other protos to some fraction of the maximum.  Are there any special
> steps when shaping to these low rates ?  I saw most of the examples
> are in the 5 to 10 mbit/sec range, roughly 30 times higher than what I
> plan to do.

no problem. I use it for rates of 1kbps. The fast rates used
in examples was to demonstrate ability to operate on high speeds.

devik