Re: iptable for multiple ip address

A fecha Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 09:35:51AM -0400, James Ma dijo:

> So far, all the applications I have seen for Iptables are focusing on
> connecting a WAN with one IP address to a LAN and using NAT. My question is if
> the iptables support multiple IP address on WAN side? If so, how it works (you
> only have one NIC on WAN side)? Is static NAT (it might not be the right term,
> I mean a static and permanent connection between WAN IP address and LAN IP
> address) supported?

        	Yes, with iptables you can have more than one IP
        address for each physical interface, both in "local" and
        "external" places, then you have to add them as aliases with
        ip, and do some NAT to connect each side, if there are private
        IPs involved.