Re: "Transparent" shapping

Esteban,

I think this is the stuff you need (but I'm not positive!):

  http://bridge.sourceforge.net/

  http://bridge.sourceforge.net/devel/bridge-nf/bridge-nf-0.0.7-against-2.4.18.diff

-Martin

 : > > 	I want to do some traffic shapping with a PC in the same IP subnet that
 : > > the "shaped" PC's.
 : > > The intention is not add another Hop to the network, and lower the CPU
 : > > usage of the TC BOX (i don't want to do NAT on it).
 : >
 : > Sorry i haven't read u're full mail yet,
 : > as i'm in a hurry to go home :-)
 : > But plz check out the proxy-arp option
 : > I have deployed this successfully using
 : > proxy-arp on a linux box with same network
 : > and tc
 :
 : I dosn't see it as a solution, perhaps i misunderstand the concept.
 :
 : The search keeps going...
 :
 : Does anybody knows where to find the "Bridger Filter" patch for kernel
 : 2.4.18?
 :
 : I want to be able to use bridging and netfilter (with iptables)
 : capabilities simultaneously in my linuxbox.
 :
 : Thanks.
 :
 :