Re: HTB shares equally when borrowing enabled :(

On Sunday 01 September 2002 01:04, Takács Bálint wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm fighting seriously with a most simple HTB setup. I'd like to share
> the incoming 64kbps into 5 and 59 for two different machines under NAT.
> HTB seems to hold the required limits when ceil is not set  (no
> borrowing), but when borrowing enabled it seems to share equally rather
> then keeping the specified ratio.
> My setup is below. A typical output of "tc -s -d qdisc show dev eth1"
> and "tc -s -d class show dev eth1" is given. HTB seems to disobey the
> specified rate (last entry: rate 40Kbit is set for 1:10 and 16466bps is
> measured, while rate 472Kbit is set for 1:11 and  rate 20755bps is
> measured).
> Setting the explicit bandwith (ceil=64kbps everywhere) does not work.
> Playing with burst and cburst did not any change.
You have to put a ceil of 64kbps everywhere so class 1:10 and 1:11 share the
same 64 kbps :

run_tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate ceil 64kbps

run_tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 5kbps ceil  64kbps
prio 2
run_tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:11 htb rate 59kbps ceil  64kbps
prio 1

And if that's not working, try ceil=62kbps.  You have to do this so YOU are
controlling the link and not the modem.  And take sum of class = 62kbps.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"