Re: Unable To Telnet

On Thursday 08 August 2002 22:05, SoloCDM wrote:
> I know about ssh, but I still want to telnet to my server within
> our network and I am unable.
>
> I have /etc/xinetd.d/telnet and /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> enabled.  I don't have any firewall blocking for inside telneting.
> I can ping the server.  I have removed or added lines in both
> /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny to enable telnet with no
> success.
>
> The following is the message when I try to telnet:
>
> Trying <IP_number>...
>
> What is missing?
I don't know.
Can you log on to the server and do telnet localhost?
Can you take a look at /var/log/* to make sure there are no errors?

But this list is more for people who want to shape the telnet session :)  So
don't expect much answers on your question.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"