Re: pb with ingress policy

> > You limit all traffic to 512 kbit with the ceil parameter, not 60 kbit.
> > The rate is used when you have 2 or more child classes with the same
> > parent.
>
> I would like to believe you but I observe even with one class, that traffic
> is decreasing to something around 60kbit. Is there something I am doing
> wrong ? BTW looking into the howto I wonder if it is a good idea to set
> ceil for ingress to the maximum rate I get.
You have to put the ceil to 99% of the link in both directions so the hugh
filters in the modem are not used.  But the 512 kbit ceil works.  I did some
htb tests (http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/tests/htb/index.html) and the
results are very accurate.  What if you remove the sfq qdisc and/or take
other values for rate/ceil?

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org