Re: HTB parent rates and ceils

On Thursday 01 August 2002 10:54, Nils Lichtenfeld wrote:
> Hello @all, hello Devik!
>
> Whe have got a little confusion here. What of the following statements is
> true?
>
> - The ceil of a class should always be at least as high as the sum of the
> rates of its children.
False
- The ceil of a class should always be at least as high as the maximum of the
rates of its children : True
If you have a class with ceil 100 kbps and a child-class with a ceil 150kbps,
the never be reached due to the ceil of the parent.

> - The rate of a class should always be at least as high as the sum of the
> rates of its children.
True
If you don't respect this rule, the setup may work.  I have to check this
with Devik to be sure.  But respecting this rule makes it easier to figure
out how the bandwidth will be distributed.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"