TC bug? Mixing u32 and FW filters.

I've noticed some strange behaivour in tc and can't seem to find a
definate "this is a bug" or "this is not a bug".  Figured I'd ask the list.

I'm using HTB2 and HTB3, on different machines.  This happened on both of
them.

I've created a few different classes and quite a few filters.  All of my
filters were previously u32 filters. (wont bother posting the exact
script, its fairly long, works on 3 separate interfaces, etc)

I started to mark FTP packets using iptables (trying for both active and
passive ftp), which seems to work fine.

When I added a FW filter:

/sbin/tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: prio 1 handle 5 fw
classid 1:24

I got the infamous:

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

After a few hours of experimentation, I realized that if I changed the
filters PRIO to something not used by one of the u32 filters, all went
well.  i.e.:

/sbin/tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: prio 5 handle 5 fw
classid 1:24

Has anyone seen this before? Anyone know if it is definately a bug or not?
Or is it something very strange specific to my setup?

--
Rob Rankin
mahhy@undertow.ca