Re: [tcng] correct config?

|> On the root I want to create one 256KB/s channel then in this channel I
|> want to create two channels which will be separated on two one 60% the
|> other 40% (both can borrow bandwith from each other but the 60%-channel has
|> to be more privileged, higher priority)
|What do you exacly mean with "more privileged, higher priority" ??

]- Opps i've made a mistake... both have to be able to use bantwidth from each other (if the "other" is not used at its full capacity)..
then it is ok.. in HTB it should be :
40% -> rate 40% ceil 100%
60% -> rate 60% ceil 100%

|> Then in those two channels I want have more small channels say 30 in each
|> of them... (cbq and htb if posiible :") 'm I nasty !)
|No problem with cbq nor with htb.
]- i meaned if possible  u to provide examples in both qdisc :")

|> Next question : Say I have to handle other traffic not only Internet, then
|> I should make sibling channels to my Internet one to handle this, right ?
|Mhh.  I don't understand your point.

egress { //100Mbps
//internet traffic
htb (rate 256Kbps) { .... };
// other traffic : say intranet traffic
htb (rate XXX) { .... }
}

|Solution: make sure the buffers are never filled so send less bandwidth then
|you actualy have.  You loose some bandwidth, but you win the ability to
|control that bandwidth.
]- understand

|There is also something wrong with the output generated by tcng.  But I dived
|not deep enough in the tcng docs to know what's going wrong.
]- i cant figure out yet too...  (i'm doing those test on the computer at work, but still have no Internet there.. )