Re: "automatic" classes

>  > 1) I want to deploy a box in bridge mode first of
all.
>  > 2) I would _want_ to traffic shape based on mac,
not
>  > IP, but this doesnt seem possible. It isnt vital
for me
>  > though, ip will work.
>  > 3) I want each ip (well, preferrably MAC, but...)
>  > have 3 mbit of bandwidth.
> On one level this makes no sense.

Well, I was a bit unclear, or rather unsure of what I
really wanted. I actually want clients that use more
bandwidth to have less priority, which is what wrr can
do.

>What if you have more clients than
> bandwidth?  Clearly you want to lower the 3MB to
bandwidth/#clients.
> What if you have extra bandwidth?  You probably want
to share the
> excess rather than waste the bandwidth.  In fact you
probably want to
> share the bandwidth dynamically among the active
clients.
> All of this is just what's done by SFQ

Interesting. But would SFQ for example, result in low
latency on a heavily used connection for clients that
doesnt use much bandwidth?

---
John Bäckstrand