"automatic" classes

 > From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?John_B=E4ckstrand?= <sandos@home.se>

 > 1) I want to deploy a box in bridge mode first of all.
 > 2) I would _want_ to traffic shape based on mac, not
 > IP, but this doesnt seem possible. It isnt vital for me
 > though, ip will work.
 > 3) I want each ip (well, preferrably MAC, but...) to
 > have 3 mbit of bandwidth.
On one level this makes no sense.  What if you have more clients than
bandwidth?  Clearly you want to lower the 3MB to bandwidth/#clients.
What if you have extra bandwidth?  You probably want to share the
excess rather than waste the bandwidth.  In fact you probably want to
share the bandwidth dynamically among the active clients.
All of this is just what's done by SFQ, except that you want
to alter it to use source MAC, which is easy enough.  I think there's
already a version out there that uses only source IP if you want to
try that first.  In order to use source MAC you probably do have to
change the kernel to store the source MAC when the packet arrives.
Otherwise it's gone by the time you forward.