Re: HTB stats

Stef Coene wrote:
On Wednesday 26 June 2002 23:43, Anton Yurchenko wrote:

hello,

about output of tc -s -d .....

about my setup:
all input and output is done on one interface, box recives on it and
from it it forwards.
very simple, a root 1:1 for output  and 1:2 for input classes at
100mbit. and below lots of children with different rates.
ceil for children is 1/3 of rate.

So the ceil is smaller then the rate?

Sorry mistype. ceil is "rate" + 1/3 rate

questions:
1. why do I have "lended" for children classes almost the same as
"sent", who do they lend to? the neighboring classes?

Yes, to other classes.
"lended is # of packets donated by this class (from its rate)"

I did some experimenting, and had a root class and just 1 child class, and this child class still had lended pkts to smbody. Who did it lend it to?

2. What is overlimits? is it incremented when certain pkt goest above
"rate", what if both "rate" and "ceil"? incremented twice?

overlimits : Packet is not sended due to ceil or rate restrictions  So there
was to much data in the class.  But don't believe this too much.  It depends
on how often the qdisc looked for packet.

What does "looked" mean? could you pleases explain it a bit more? How does it look for a pkt? I`m very interested in finding out what that value means.

3. "dropped"- if the pkt is overlimit it may be dropped right? if it
cannot be delayed, right? is  this the reason why I have such a
difference between them?

Between what?

Between "overlimits" and "dropped"

4. what is "level", the level in classes tree?

"Level of class determines its position in hierarchy. Leaves has level 0,
root classes LEVEL_COUNT-1 and each inner class has level one less than its
parent. See pictures below (LEVEL_COUNT=3 there). "

I quoted some info from http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/

Stef

--

Anton Yurchenko<phila@dg.net.ua>