Re: [LARTC] wondershaper HTB thoughts

On Thursday 20 June 2002 23:54, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just started using wondershaper (HTB version) and I had a few thoughts
> (probably mostly as I'm new to this):
>
> a) there is a filter to add stuff into the 1:20 class, however that's the
> default so surely this is pointless.
CBQ has no default class, so when the wondershaper was converted from cbq to
htb, the filter was not removed.  It's indeed not needed.

> b) there is no ceil specified for the queues. According to the HTB
> documentation, this will prevent the queues sharing bandwidth. Wouldn't
> adding "ceil ${UPLINK}kbit" be a good idea?
Yes.
And I have a  better idea.  Write a new version of the wondershaper and mail
it to Bert Hubert.  He will be pleased to receive an other patch :)

The wondershaper is more to taste the power of shaping.  If you are able to
fix all the bugs, you are also able to create your own script and do much
better :).   It's more a test for the newbies :)

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"