[LARTC] Rshaper Weirdness

Hello, guys, I am trying to get rshaper 2.01 to work on our Redhat 6.2 servers, but it does not seem to be able to control the bandwidth usage, here are the details,
1. Our production servers are all Redhat 6.2 with Kernel 2.2.19-6.2.12, the software we use are customized specifically for RH6.2, so I can't upgrade to 2.4 kernel.
2. On my test server with the same RH6.2 and kernel (it has a sigle Intel EtherExpress NIC), I compiled the rshaper.o module and modified the network driver (eepro100.c), make modules, install the new eepro100.o, and went through
insmod rshaper
then
rshaperctl 192.168.1.10 10000 10
It's a single NIC on an internal network (192.168.1.0/24)
It was able to control the incoming bandwidth to 10kBytes per second successfully - I tried downloading a 10MB file.
3. Then I did the exact same thing on one of our production servers - compile, modify eepro100.c (it has two identical Intel EtherExpress NICs, eth0 on the external network 64.54.185.0/24, eth1 on the internal network 192.168.1.0/24), make modules, install new eepro100.o, insmod, then tried
rshaperctl 64.54.185.66 10000 10
on the external interface. But the bandwidth control didn't work here - took only 3 seconds to download the 10MB file through eth0.
Why rshaper works on the test server but NOT the production server? I am baffled, the only difference between the two is that the production server has an extra NIC, is that enough to cause rshaper not working? Thanks much.

Bob